National Park Service Outer Banks Group Superintendent David Hallac announced this week the temporary closing of seasonal ORV (off road vehicle) routes in front of village beaches will take place on April 1, 2015.
In accordance with the ORV Management Plan for Cape Hatteras National Seashore, the following seasonal ORV routes close temporarily to vehicles from April 1 through October 31. These areas remain open to pedestrian use.
• 0.1 mile south of Rodanthe Pier to Ramp 23 (Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo, includes seasonal closure of ORV Ramp 23)
• Ramp 34 to Ramp 38 (Avon, includes seasonal closure of ORV Ramp 34)
• East Frisco boundary to west Frisco boundary (Frisco village beach)
• East Hatteras boundary to Ramp 55 (Hatteras village beach)
• 0.5 mile northeast of Ramp 68 to Ramp 68 (Ocracoke Campground area, includes seasonal closure of ORV Ramp 68)
For more information on beach access, see the Google Earth map posted on the Seashore’s website here.
Like us on Facebook!